It's that time.... Time to think about the "Joy" in my life. "Joy", my one little word I am focusing on during 2012. Over the past few days I've been reflecting on my life and what I should include in my February OLW. I've decided this month to focus on the "joy" that I get from Twitter. This may seem somewhat silly considering, I have a wonderful husband and two great children, but professionally speaking much of my "joy" comes from Twitter. Why, you might ask? Here are 10 reasons I get professional "joy" from Twitter (in no particular order).
1. I get validation for spending time outside of school reading professional books.
2. My thinking and practices are both validated and challenged on a regular basis.
3. I have choice in who I collaborate with.
4. Every time I sign on to Twitter I learn or hear something new and get incredible ideas.
5. I can connect and collaborate with colleagues from all over the country and world.
6. I can access the professional development on Twitter whenever I am inclined to do so.
7. I don't have to go anywhere to access this professional development.
8. I can interact and communicate with "experts" that I would not otherwise have the opportunity to interact with.
9. Twitter is my favorite price for professional development... FREE!
10. My students are the ones who benefit most from me being on Twitter.
If you haven't found the "joy" in Twitter yet, I encourage you to try it out.
If you are wondering why I chose "joy" to focus on for 2012, check out my past blog post, One Little Word.
Check out these blogs participating in OLW
Tracy @ Thinking Stems....
Tara @ A Teaching Life
Maria @ Teaching in the 21st Century