Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wonder Wednesday - Week 2 - Wondering About #Ion

Each Wednesday (#WonderWednesday) this year I will be blogging about something I've wondered about during the week.  You can read about it here.

This is the scene at the cart corral as I was leaving the grocery store last Friday, and is my inspiration for my wondering this week.  Yes, there are men working on the door in the background, but that isn't why there aren't any grocery carts.  The reason the corral is empty is because they were all in the store shopping to prepare for winter storm #Ion.


Some #Ion related wonders I have are :
  • Why do people (like I did) feel the need to rush to the store when there is an impending snow storm?
  • Who names the winter storms?
  • How did they come up with the name #Ion?
  • What is a polar vortex?
  • How could the weather people be so wrong about the snow in our area, but so right about the cold air?
  • How many schools across the country were closed Monday and Tuesday because of the weather?  How many kids were out of school?
Related Wonders at Wonderopolis:

I would love to have you join me in a Wonder Wednesday Link-Up.  Find out about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment